Plates of Plenty Challenge 2023
If you weren’t able to run a festival event but still want to take part (or even if you are running an event), we’d love for you to enter the festival’s Plates of Plenty Challenge!
This Plates of Plenty Challenge is an awesome opportunity for local eateries to celebrate the amazing food we produce right here in the Bay and it’s an easy way to show your taking part in the Bay of Plenty food story.
How does the challenge work?
- We’ll provide you with a box filled with Bay of Plenty goodies
- You’ll create a dish based on what’s inside the box that will be available during the festival dates (24 March – 2 April 2022)
- Your festival creation will be judged by an expert foodie for the Judge’s Choice Award and also judged by the public for the People’s Choice Award
- The winners for both awards will receive an awesome prize!
- You’ll get a free foodie box filled with local products
- You’ll still be part of the festival and be featured in the festival programme
- You’ll receive free marketing and advertising
- You’ll have the backing of the Flavours of Plenty team and brand
- You’ll get more customers (we hope!)
- You’ll make connections with local producers
- You’ll have the chance to win two awards and naming rights as the challenge winners!
If you’ve got an idea but need some support, whether it’s looking for a venue or partnering up with another local business, we’ve got you! Rae Baker, our lovely festival director is here to answer your questions. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.
Entries close at 5pm on Friday, 25 November 2022.